Integral North specializes in supporting individuals who wish to become Permanent Residents in Canada by applying through one of the various business immigration channels open to them in Canada. A summary of these programs are as follows:
Federal Start-Up Visa: Canada’s Start-Up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:
- Are innovative
- Can create jobs for Canadians
- Can compete on a global scale
Provincial Nominee Programs: (PNPs) allow Canadian provinces and territories to nominate individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada and who are interested in settling in a particular province.
Each Canadian province (except Quebec, which has a different selection system) and two territories have their own unique Provincial Nominee Programs. Participating provinces and territories sign agreements with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allow them to select immigrants who meet the requirements that they have set forth.
More information on these programs can be found at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html
Quebec Investor Program: To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Have, alone or with his accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $2,000,000 CAN obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed;
- Have experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;
- The Quebec government defines management experience as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority; the experience does not include experience acquired in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma.
- Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest $1,200,000 CAN with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
Integral North would be pleased to discuss with you any of the above business immigration programs.
George is a recognized expert in the field of community development law. He developed and taught a course in this emerging field of practice at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law.
George has been a leader in the field of community economic development (CED) for over 25 years. He has a Master’s Degree in CED, and initiated the development of several Ottawa based CED organizations including the Ottawa Entrepreneurship Centre, the Ottawa Community Loan Fund, and the Centre for Social Enterprise Development. He has served on numerous Boards and Committees at the national, provincial and local levels dealing with CED and social enterprise.
In recent years a host of factors have eroded the boundaries between nonprofit, government and business sectors, leading to numerous social innovations such as social enterprise and impact investment in dealing with community sustainability and economic development. The regulatory environment is constantly evolving to keep up with innovation in this sector.
Let George be your trusted advisor as you move your community forward!
Services include assistance with:
- Federal or Provincial Co-operative and Non-Profit incorporation
- Impact Investment strategy and implementation including community bonds, co-op Offering Statements
- Social enterprise development & the Canada Revenue Agency… what all non-profits need to know!
- Community/Social Infrastructure development and finance
- Community Benefit Agreements: Strategy and Negotiation
What is Integral Coaching®?
Integral Coaching® is a discipline that enables clients to become more aware of their current approach to situations, to see new possibilities and then build sustainable new competencies to achieve outcomes that deeply matter to them. The coach and the client are dedicated to the unique developmental needs of the client.
This coaching approach is a developmental approach. It is distinct from instructive or consultative approaches that focus on giving advice and recommending new actions or strategies, or from inspirational approaches that focus on the power of insights and inspirational visions of a new possible future that then propel the client into action.
In Integral Coaching® the focus of development is two-fold:
• One dimension focuses on awareness building of how the client is currently seeing, relating to and approaching their Topic up to now, as well as on how to have a new way of seeing, relating to and approaching their Topic that opens a fresh path to realizing the goals of that Topic. This process is very powerful, personal, and unique to each client.
• The second dimension focuses on building new capabilities that enable the client to have greater internal capabilities and make some ‘new moves’ that support this new approach to their Topic. The exact new capabilities developed will depend upon the client and the Topic, as each human being is unique, so it is very customized.
By focusing on both of these concurrently, the client becomes capable of sustaining and embodying this new view and these new capabilities beyond the term of the Coaching Program, and this is what makes the Integral Coaching® approach so valuable.
George is certified as an Integral Associate Coach®. Please contact George for more information on coaching services.
For more information on the Integral coaching method please click here for 3 short videos.